NIGHTWISH: Lyric Video For New Single ‚Harvest‘
Finnish/British/Dutch symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH have released the official lyric video for „Harvest“, the second single from their forthcoming ninth studio album, „Human. :II: Nature.“ . Due on April 10 via Nuclear Blast, the long-awaited follow-up to 2015’s „Endless Forms Most Beautiful“ will be a double album containing nine tracks on the main CD and one long track, divided into eight chapters on CD 2. Speaking to Germany’s Rock Bottom, NIGHTWISH keyboardist and main songwriter Tuomas Holopainen said about „Human. :II: Nature.“: „The original idea was not to do a double album. We thought we can fit all the material on one album, but since a CD only takes about 78 minutes of material and the album is 83 minutes long, or something like that, we had to split it into two discs. Which ended up being a brilliant decision, because now it even makes more sense when you think about the dynamics of the album. It’s ‚Human. :II: Nature.‘. And the first nine songs are all about humans telling stories about humanity, human nature, about other humans, with a human voice. Then, after that, you flip the disc and go into the nature for half an hour for some instrumental escapism. So that’s the ’nature‘ part of the album.“ Asked if „Human. :II: Nature.“ is a concept album, Tuomas said: „I wouldn’t use the term ‚concept album,‘ but there is a little theme that’s running through all the songs, so in a way, it is a thematic album. At some point through the songwriting process, I realized that the word ‚human‘ appears in all the songs, and these are all somehow connected. Then I kind of realized that, ‚Okay, this song is about the power of human imagination,‘ ‚This song is about the power of human empathy,‘ ‚This song is all about music descending on mankind,‘ ‚This song is about human versus technology.‘ So, ‚Okay, let’s call this album ‚Human‘.‘ But that doesn’t sound quite right, so the last song, it’s all about the beauty of planet Earth. The last song is kind of like NIGHTWISH’s love letter to planet Earth. So that’s nature — human nature. That’s how we came up with the title of the album.“ „Human. :II: Nature.“ was recorded from August to October 2019 at Röskö campsite, Petrax Studios and Troykington castle, as well as Finnvox Studios, by Tero Kinnunen, Mikko Karmila and Troy Donockley. The mixing was done by Mikko Karmila at Finnvox, with Tuomas Holopainen and Tero Kinnunen. Mastering was done by Mika Jussila at Finnvox. The track listing is as follows: Disc 1: 01. Music
06. How’s The Heart?
09. Endlessness Disc 2: 01. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World – Vista
02. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World – The Blue
03. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World – The Green
04. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World – Moors
05. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World – Aurorae
06. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World – Quiet As The Snow
07. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World – Anthropocene (incl. „Hurrian Hymn To Nikkal“)
08. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World – Ad Astra NIGHTWISH frontwoman Floor Jansen recently told FaceCulture that she was „very, very happy“ with how the new disc turned out. „Already with the first notes, I [was, like], ‚Oh, yeah. There we go,'“ she said. „It’s as much NIGHTWISH thing you might expect from us as, ‚Wow! What’s this now? What’s happening?'“ She continued: „I can’t really say too much about it, because there are a couple of things that are the same, a couple of things that are different. But all I can say is I’m very happy with it and I’m very excited about it. And I think people that already knew NIGHTWISH will really enjoy this.“ NIGHTWISH’s new album will mark the band’s second full-length effort with the Dutch singer, who has been touring with the group since 2012. NIGHTWISH’s latest release was the „Decades: Live In Buenos Aires“ set, which came out on December 6 as a Blu-ray digibook, 2CD digipak, Blu-ray+2CD earbook and 3LP via Nuclear Blast. The effort was recorded on September 30, 2018 at Estadio Malvinas in Buenos Aires, Argentina during the „Decades“ tour in support of the band’s compilation album of the same name.
Lese den Original-Post unter : Source Beitrag