Now’s your chance to own a piece of Megadeth history: guitarist Kiko Loureiro (ex-Angra) has partnered with Reverb.com to sell a whole ton of music gear used on albums and tours throughout his career. The Official Kiko Loureiro of Megadeth Reverb Shop launched this morning, March 10, at 10am EDT, and features nearly 100 pieces of Kiko’s soon-to-be-former gear including guitars, pedals, amps, and more.
“I’m a gear fanatic and have been collecting guitars, pedals, and amplifiers throughout my life and world travels. I’ve got gear from my homes in Brazil and LA, from the Megadeth camp in Nashville, and from Finland, where my wife is from,” said Loureiro. “As tough as it is to part with these pieces, I believe that instead of letting them sit in storage, I want people to play them and use them to make new music and memories.”
Here are some of Kiko’s items that just moments ago went up for sale:
- A Tagima K-1 electric guitar made by master luthier Márcio Zaganin. Its fretboard is made of wood from the jacarandá-da-baía (Brazilian rosewood) that previously made up the floors of City Hall in São Paulo, Brazil. “I want to know who is going to buy this guitar. I want to be friends with this person,” said Loureiro.
- An Ibanez Prestige RG752WMFX fixed-bridge electric guitar that was used extensively on Megadeth’s 2016 album Dystopia. “This guitar is very special to me,” said Loureiro. “It was used to record 90 percent of the riffs on Dystopia. So if you buy this guitar, you can have a Grammy-winning guitar.”
- Three Ibanez 100-TRR Kiko signature model guitars with now-discontinued red finishes that Loureiro used on Megadeth’s Dystopia tour from 2015 to 2018.
- Two Ibanez Kiko 200 electric guitars with fast necks, scalloped frets, and bright green burst finishes that Loureiro used to compose a new album for Megadeth, as well as for solo concerts, clinics, and YouTube videos.
- An Achim acoustic guitar that Loureiro had handmade in Germany after he sold multiple other nylon classical guitars to purchase it. “The bass that comes from this instrument is something that I never heard in my life. It’s something really special,” said Loureiro. “You can hear this acoustic guitar on the song ‘Awakening Prelude,’ the first track of my solo album, Sounds of Innocence.”
- A Laney LionHeart amp head & 4×12 cabinet that Loureiro used when he first moved to LA. “I used this specific amp for all the small gigs and videos that I did in LA at that time,” said Loureiro. “It’s got a beautiful, classic British tone.”
Check out a video from Kiko announcing the sale and talking about a few of the items below. Head on over to the Kiko Reverb Shop right now to snatch up these items before someone else beats you to it!
Lese den Original-Post unter : Source Beitrag