Aside from being tremolo picking, is there an actual name or term for the beautiful guitar work in (mainly) black metal that conveys feelings of loss, emptiness, futility, etc better than any lyrics or other instruments?

Whether Mgla or Agalloch, I don't know if it is particularly a matter of tuning, chord progression + tremolo picking or what, but it is one of my favorite things found within blackened anything. Just curious if there is an actual term for it, of if it's just like "Oh, yeah, that's some black metal riffage!"

submitted by /u/Bandilazino
[link] [comments]Lese den Original-Post unter : Source Beitrag

Author: Slyzza