Iced Earth founder Jon Schaffer is still being held in an Indiana jail nearly six weeks after he turned himself in to police for his role in the January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol.
Indianapolis law enforcement confirmed Schaffer was still being held by the U.S. Marshal Service at the Marion County Jail on Thursday, February 25, according to The Republic.
Schaffer was taken into custody on January 17. He waived his preliminary hearing and his rights to an identity hearing and production of a warrant on January 22. U.S. Magistrate for the Southern District of Indiana, judge Mark Dinsmore, signed an order for Schaffer to appear in D.C.’s district court, but the extradition has not yet taken place for reasons that are unclear.
Both the Washington, D.C. police and the FBI were looking for Schaffer after a widely circulated photo identified him as one of the participants in the January 6 pro-Trump assault on the Capitol.
The FBI Indianapolis Field Office indicated Schaffer, who allegedly sprayed Capitol police with bear spray, faces six federal charges:
- “Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority”
- “Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business”
- “Knowingly Engages in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds”
- “Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building”
- “Engage in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building”
- “Parade, Demonstrate, or Picket in a Capitol Building”
New footage of Schaffer’s role in the riots surfaced on February 16 seems to show Iced Earth’s Jon Schaffer engaging in a physical fight with police officers attempting to protect the building. You can watch that below.
Lese den Original-Post unter : Source Beitrag